You don’t have to know how to cut threaded bolts when working on a project, but it often helps to know someone who can.
Is There An Advantage To Using A Double-Ended Bolt?
When choosing a fastener, you want to ensure it's right for the intended purpose. Also, it's essential to go for a high-quality clasp that stands the test of time. If you are thinking of buying a double-ended bolt, but aren’t sure yet, here's a guide for you. We tell you everything you need to know about double-ended bolts
What is a Double-Ended Bolt?
Double-ended bolts are threaded fasteners with equal thread length at both ends. They are commonly used for high-strength bolting cases. Double-ended bolts can be customized based on your requirements.
The Benefits of Using Double-Ended Bolts
Double-end bolt fasteners come with various benefits thanks to their unique feature. Some of the advantages include;
- Available in multiple sizes: double-end bolts come in numerous sizes starting from 0.25 - to 4 diameters. The length depends on the intended use of the fastener.
- Durable: these fasteners are intended for high-strength bolting and can withstand any force from external sources while keeping the joints in place. Also, they are manufactured using high-quality materials and offer different strengths.
- Rust and corrosion-resistant: double-ended bolts are made with materials like stainless steel that resist corrosion.
- Double-end bolts will allow you to join flanges or pipes more effectively.
What to Consider When Choosing a Double-End Bolt
When looking for a double-ended bolt, you'll need to consider various factors. Here are some essential considerations.
The suitable materials for your double-end bolt will depend on how and where the fastener will be used. Your choice will affect your fastener's strength, brittleness, corrosion resistance and cost.
Some materials to consider include;
- Steel: it has high tensile strength and durability and is a common material for double-ended bolts. You can choose from stainless steel, alloy steel, and carbon steel.
- Bronze: this material is suitable for high corrosive environments and is more expensive than steel.
- Brass: softer than bronze and steel and delivers corrosion-resistant benefits.
- Aluminum: it's light and shares characteristics with brass.
Coatings are used to add or increase corrosion resistance on double-ended bolts. They can also add some decorative characteristics to fasteners. When looking for double-ended bolts, consider the type of coating applied. For instance, zinc plating will increase the corrosion resistance of your double-ended bolt, although it may compromise and rust if that layer is damaged.
Galvanizing coats are thick and offer increased corrosion resistance in most environments. Likewise, chrome plating creates a corrosion-resistant coat while adding an aesthetic feature to your fastener.
Most importantly, you should get your double-end bolts from the right source. There are many manufacturers to choose from. You should go with a company with a solid reputation for quality fasteners. If you're buying in large quantities, you want a manufacturer that can deliver excellent quality fasteners within the shortest timeframe.
Where to Buy Your Double-Ended Bolts
When it comes to double-ended bolts or any fasteners, you should never sacrifice quality. Big Bolt is your go-to place for high-quality fasteners. We don't have any purchase minimums, you can purchase as many or as few fasteners as you want. In addition, we have versatile machining facilities for quick turnarounds and next-day manufacturing.
If you need customized fasteners, we can manufacture them overnight and deliver them the next day, regardless of quantity. We are equipped to handle bulk orders within a few days to ensure your projects run smoothly.
We are ready to help you find the best fastener for your project. All you have to do is fill out this form, and we'll get back to you in no time!